Surgical Alternatives: Acclaimed Specialists
Surgical Oncology still has a crucial role in cancer care. Surgical approaches often offer the most definitive approach for cure of an early cancer. Cancer Care at Saint Francis provides the on-site services of specialized cancer surgeons. These highly trained surgeons provide the Hartford area’s latest technology and skills in cancer diagnosis and treatment. Our surgeons provide expert care in:
Head and Neck Malignancies
- Thyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Cancer
- Parotid Cancer
- Lymph node dissections
Soft Tissue Malignancies
- Skin Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Small Bowel Cancer
- Large Bowel Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Biliary Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
Among the technical advances in surgery available at Cancer Care at Saint Francis are:
- Sentinel node mapping for melanoma and breast cancer, which allows surgeons to pinpoint the location of cancers, often safely avoiding the need for more extensive surgery.
- daVinci® Robotic Surgery, which allows surgeons to perform complex surgery through small incisions. By providing surgeons with superior vision, enhanced dexterity, greater precision and ergonomic comfort, the da Vinci Surgical System makes it possible for more surgeons to perform minimally invasive procedures involving complex and delicate dissection or reconstruction. Learn more...
- Minimally invasive surgery, which allows the surgeon to remove tumors and even whole organs through small, slit-like incisions, offering the option of less pain and quicker recovery, with excellent results.
- Radio frequency ablation, in which the surgeon inserts a thin needle into the tumor. Electrical energy delivered through the needle heats and destroys the tumor. This can be a good option when other medical conditions increase the risk of surgery.
- Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC), for patients with advanced metastatic disease. Learn more...
Meet Our Surgical Oncologists